Monday, February 8, 2010

Help Me Get Lansing Professionals Working

Some of you are aware I am working on a special project to bring unemployed professionals together and increase their exposure to corporate decision makers in the Lansing, Michigan. As of last week, Capital Area Michigan Works has given me the green light to organize career networking groups. These groups will be organized by profession, meet regularly at Capital Area Michigan Works, encourage the exchange of leads, provide ideas on job search strategy and allow companies a direct means of reaching out to specific career types. There is no cost to participate. Meeting dates and times will be determined once we have an idea what works best with the schedules of those participating.

If you know of individuals in the Lansing area who are unemployed and have a background or interest in the professional categories listed below, I'd appreciate you putting them in touch with me. I am looking for individuals who would benefit from participating in the networking groups. They are set to launch in early March. There will be an opportunity for some of have a leadership role within the groups, increasing their likelihood of collaborating with corporate decision makers.

Here are the categories for the career networking groups:

1. Business Management (HR, Accounting, Admin, Operations)
2. Information Technology / Information Systems
3. Sales / Marketing / Business Development
4. Health / Medical
5. Science / Engineering / Manufacturing
6. Just for Boomers (Cross Professional)

This is an exciting and much needed initiative. I appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word. Interested individuals can message me through Twitter (www.Twitter.com/RecruiterUncens) or email me at Lisa(at)FindAFit(dot)com. Hopefully I've avoided spam by recording my email address this way. Time will tell.

I'd like to close with a big THANK YOU to Kate Tykocki and the rest of the Capital Area Michigan Works team for helping to get this idea off the ground! By the way, I recommend following Kate on Twitter. She frequently Tweets jobs in Mid-Michigan. You can find her at camwkate.

Another THANK YOU goes out to a fantastic group of job seekers who participate in my round table who are helping to launch these groups. You guys are great. Especially, I must thank Bill Nurmi whose Tweet started all of this goodness in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment