Saturday, May 2, 2009

Why This Blog

With over 10 years of my professional life spent in the recruiting industry, I've crossed paths with a lot of job seekers. The numbers are easily in the thousands. Over time many of the names and faces have become a blur. The mind can only hold so much. There are standouts though, good and bad. I'm creating this blog to talk about the good, the bad and the blurry.

I thought it might interest people to hear what made people memorable and what made people forgettable. There is a lot to be learned from other people's successes and mistakes. The best way to make sure that happens is to offer my experiences in a candid and respectful way. Some of the stories I have to tell are funny and inspiring. Others are heartbreaking and maddening. Most are ordinary in nature. I personally find the ordinary more interesting and thought provoking than the extreme. It's all good though.

As you read my musings, be prepared to feel offended at times. Though the people I'm writing about are likely not you, they may be you where it counts. Their actions and choices may be yours. Please don't feel judged on these occasions. Lay your defenses down. None of what I share here is done with malice. It's done with a sincere heart in the hopes people can grow and find an easier way to get out of the unemployment line.

No comments:

Post a Comment